script src='http://googlepage.googlepages.com/player.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Local Flava'

Below is the big legal building that you have to go to if you ever have to deal with your passport, with court dates or anything legal and bureaucratic in nature. Or if you're like L.G. it's where you post up to do Mock-Trial-like duties.

As a kid the building always reminded me of a side of a dictionary, and while this picture has nothing to do with that, this ugly construct holds a lot of memories and nostalgia in an odd sense.

This print is a simple experiment with painting over real photos, post if you're feeling this and would like to see more of this type of stuff. While this exact version probably wouldn't screen on a shirt great and is more of a poster-type of illustration, I think there are some awesome design possibilities for Tees in the near future (Click on image to see full-resolution image).


...And while I'm at it I'll do y'all the favor of posting an older image from way back right when me and L.G. were first talking about this little design company of ours, but here it is anyways. It's very similar in character design, to my dictionary print above which is why it came to mind. This isn't necessarily our artistic direction, but these little blob-men (I call em Southern Polar Bears, for no real great reason) are easy to whip up and look like straight up G's. Hopefully next time I post (I'm busy, could be Millenia!) we get to take another look at some different styles and paths we're looking at exploring (Click on image to see full-resolution image).




"I went to court today. There were 111 jurors, they all found me guilty....Shit!" -Charles Manson

-B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment