script src='http://googlepage.googlepages.com/player.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Sunday, July 12, 2009

L.A.

So this past weekend me and L.G. hit up the oh so beautiful and sunny town of Los Angeles. Aside from eating Macaroni Pancakes at BluePlate and checking out some crazy Promenade street acts, including a pair of belligerent, evangelical Christian, anti-evolution open-mic speakers (Hey man! Fuck Chimpanzees!) we checked out a lot of the town's sickest stores. Union, Diamond, Hall of Fame, Supreme, The Hundreds L.A. and Undefeated were just a couple of the cool spots we stopped by. I, for one, can say, that after the speedy drive back from Los Angeles to the Bay Area, I feel all the more excited to start putting designs we have into their much deserved, physical form. SO LOOKOUT!



Above: Macaroni-Pancakes are exactly what you think, just mac and cheese and nice ol' pancakes. Crazy you say? Fucking delicious.


One store I'd like to give a special shoutout to is a store called And Still, which focuses on and specializes in retro (mostly 80s and 90s era, is that retro yet?) sportswear. Whether it be that Run DMC pull-over you always wanted or any assortment of sports team caps from back in the day when all their logos were jacked up and crazy, then this is the spot to be. I could probably dress myself for an entire lifetime just with the awesome inventory they have there. So, my peoples, if you ever get a chance to stop by their store it's at 114 S La Brea. Or hit up their website.






"I'm smoggy, 111, rarely is." -L.A.


-B.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment